Suresh Wadkar’s Ajivasan Music Academy
Equip young India with scientific and technical knowledge in music which should help in creating brighter, cultural and art sensitive society
Ajivasan offers varied Music Appreciation Courses for children, adults and youth. Thoughtfully curated affiliation programs of Ajivasan, works for all the institutions; be it a school, corporate or residential colony.
Ajivasan aims at spreading music education with practical and scientific method which widens Individual’s ability to use his/her potential to 100%.
Shortlisted below are few more benefits of having music education in your life…
- Develops language, mathematical and reasoning sense
- A mastery in memorizing / Change in practice methods
- Increases coordination/teamwork abilities
- Emotions stability
- Helps in Relaxation
- Imagination, creativity and intellect boost
- Develop sense of responsibilities
- Confidence and risk-ability boost
- Develops humour and happiness
Why Collaborate with Ajivasan?
- Legacy of 85 years; we’ve been training aspiring artists and helping them understand this art, with scientific and practical training for past 85 years This proposal is a wish to bring this legacy at your school.
- Well-trained faculty under the guidance of Suresh Wadkar ji, Prem Vasant ji & Padma Wadkar ji.
- Very prudent, tested, well structured & progressive curriculum.
- Assessment through reports, exams and felicitation with Certification at the end of the course.
- Opportunity to interact with Suresh Wadkar Ji, Padma Wadkar ji and academies’ alumni members.
- No Class Cancellations.
- Participation in various events/activities/competitions/workshops of the academy.
- Regular Karaoke Sessions at the Branches (Twice in the calendar year).
- Half yearly studio sessions.
- Half yearly “Open House Riyaaz Sessions with Guruji Sh. Suresh Wadkar ji” (Twice in the calendar year).
- Half yearly stage performance of students (In July & December every year).
Badi DidiPrem is the Daughter of our Late Guruji Acharya Jialal Vasant. A Postgraduate in Music and English Literature, Prem Vasant taught German at the Max Mueller Bhavan, Mumbai for 27yrs. She has been teaching Indian classical music (Sitar & other Indian Instruments) almost all her life. She has given Sitar performances all over India, in some cities of Germany, in the U.K. and the U.S.A. At present she is functioning as the Principal/Trustee of Acharya Jialal Vasant Sangeet Niketan, Mumbai
A disciple of Acharya Jialal Vasant from the age of 7, Suresh Wadkar has proved his mettle as a true disciple. While training under Guruji, he began his career in the Hindi Film Industry in 1978. After Guruji’s demise in 1986, Suresh ventured into the field of teaching music by carrying forward the torch of “GURU-SHISHYA-PARAMPARA”. He has fulfilled his Guruji’s dream of an academy where talented children receive scientific training in Indian Classical Music.
Padma began her vocal training under Guruji Acharya Jialal Vasant at the age of 10. After his demise, she continued her training under Smt. Prem Vasant and Shri. Suresh Wadkar. The tradition of Guru-Shishya Parampara initiated her to start teaching Music at a very young age. In addition to being the Vice Principal, she is currently committed to teaching extensively at Ajivasan.