About Suresh Wadkar’s Ajivasan Music Academy
With a legacy of 85 years, Ajivasan Music Academy has now become a worldwide benchmark for delivering Quality music education to the aspiring singers & musicians.
Ajivasan is for all those who aspire to learn Indian Classical Vocals, Bollywood Vocals, Western Vocals, Sitar, Guitar, Keyboard, etc. It is about focused classes and a structured curriculum imparted by our highly trained teachers, who ensure that your journey along the learning path is smooth on every step. It is also about convenient batch timings and days, choice of joining a batch or one-on-one format, periodic assessments, certifications, etc.
Ajivasan has always believed and demonstrated the true essence of Guru-Shishya Parampara where a Guru passes on his knowledge of Music to his disciples so that they learn to live the art. Suresh Wadkar carried forward the legacy of his Guru Acharya Jialal Vasant and has since then been spreading the message of Music to thousands of students. Ajivasan Online Music Academy wishes to carry forward this legacy.
All our teachers are musically qualified (Masters In Music) and are further professionally trained and certified by Ajivasan Music Academy before taking any music classes. The training given to our teachers does not only involve curriculum details but we also equip them with our daily experiences of how to conduct the classes and how to manage students from various age groups and stature.
Why Collaborate with Ajivasan?
- Legacy of 85 years; we’ve been training aspiring artists and helping them understand this art, with scientific and practical training for past 85 years This proposal is a wish to bring this legacy at your school.
- Well-trained faculty under the guidance of Suresh Wadkar ji, Prem Vasant ji & Padma Wadkar ji.
- Very prudent, tested, well structured & progressive curriculum.
- Assessment through reports, exams and felicitation with Certification at the end of the course.
- Opportunity to interact with Suresh Wadkar Ji, Padma Wadkar ji and academies’ alumni members.
- No Class Cancellations.
- Participation in various events/activities/competitions/workshops of the academy.
- Regular Karaoke Sessions at the Branches (Twice in the calendar year).
- Half yearly studio sessions.
- Half yearly “Open House Riyaaz Sessions with Guruji Sh. Suresh Wadkar ji” (Twice in the calendar year).
- Half yearly stage performance of students (In July & December every year).
Prem Vasant (Director)
Badi DidiPrem is the Daughter of our Late Guruji Acharya Jialal Vasant. A Postgraduate in Music and English Literature, Prem Vasant taught German at the Max Mueller Bhavan, Mumbai for 27yrs. She has been teaching Indian classical music (Sitar & other Indian Instruments) almost all her life. She has given Sitar performances all over India, in some cities of Germany, in the U.K. and the U.S.A. At present she is functioning as the Principal/Trustee of Acharya Jialal Vasant Sangeet Niketan, Mumbai
Suresh Wadkar (Director)
A disciple of Acharya Jialal Vasant from the age of 7, Suresh Wadkar has proved his mettle as a true disciple. While training under Guruji, he began his career in the Hindi Film Industry in 1978. After Guruji’s demise in 1986, Suresh ventured into the field of teaching music by carrying forward the torch of “GURU-SHISHYA-PARAMPARA”. He has fulfilled his Guruji’s dream of an academy where talented children receive scientific training in Indian Classical Music.
Padma Wadkar (Director)
Padma began her vocal training under Guruji Acharya Jialal Vasant at the age of 10. After his demise, she continued her training under Smt. Prem Vasant and Shri. Suresh Wadkar. The tradition of Guru-Shishya Parampara initiated her to start teaching Music at a very young age. In addition to being the Vice Principal, she is currently committed to teaching extensively at Ajivasan.
Nitin Raghuvanshi (Chief Operating Officer)
Nitin Raghuvanshi is an experienced professional with hands on experience in setting up & smoothly running new business models.